Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bullpen in a China Shop

Well, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Zack Greinke came out and had a solid 6 innings for the Royals, only to see the bullpen give up 6 runs in the top of the 7th, and end up with a no-decision. It took Colon, Tejeda, and Cruz to get through the 7th. Tejeda, who got the loss, ended up with an ERA of 81.00. Yes, you read that correctly, 81.00. The Royals offense actually didn't start out too badly considering they were facing Justin Verlander, but once they got past him and into the Tigers' bullpen, they didn't get much of anything. I'm not going to let this Opening Day stumble by the bullpen dampen my spirits though, the Royals still have 161 games to play. :)

I did get this game scored, but try as I might I cannot get my scanner working, so I'm stopping to buy a new one on the way home this afternoon. Look for my scorecard of this game to be up sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment